- Keratoconus or other cases of central corneal ectasia consequent to corneal graft, PRK, LASIK or trauma.
- When alternative RGP designs will not center or cause intolerable bearing forces on the central cornea
- Bi-surface aspheric design - both the anterior and posterior surfaces are aspheric.
Posterior surface made up of 4 conic Zones to conform to the shape of the conic cornea
- First (base) and second Zones address the ectasia
- Third and fourth Zones form the peripheral curve system that allow an alignment fit over the non-ectatic cornea and a comfortable edge lift
- Adjust any of the 4 Zones to closely contour the cornea and provide optimum edge lift.
Pressure points reduced because the bearing forces are distributed over a larger area results in:
- Better COMFORT
- Better CENTRATION
- Aspheric anterior surface computed to eliminate induced aberrations
- Large optical zones provide better vision and reduce glare.
- Available in Keratoglobus and Pellucid Marginal Degeneration designs
- Most common diameters are 9.6 mm. and 10.4 mm. but available from 8.8 to 12.5 mm.
- Made in advanced polymer materials exhibiting excellent oxygen permeability and wettability.
8.8 to 12.5 mm
9.6 mm, 10.4 mm., 11.0
|Powers||Manufactured To Order|
|Fitting Sets||14 Lens , 44.D to 70.D|
|Standard||Central Steep Zone||Typical (mild or advanced)|
|Globus||Large Sagittal Depth||Ectasia of most of cornea|
Post Corneal Transplant
Diagnostic Lens Fitting Method
Apply Trial Lens with BC closest to STEEPEST K-reading
- If K-Readings are not available or reliable, select the 56 D lens
- Flat lens will show heavy central touch – Select Steeper BC
- Steep lens will show excessive vault – Select Flatter lens
- Optimal BC will show light touch or slight vault
- Over-Refract and Order final lens Power
- Evaluate Edge lift and Order in Standardized Steps – flatter or steeper - to provide optimum peripheral fit
Note: Severely distorted corneas may not show optimum corneal alignment with lenses in the diagnostic set. Please contact our consultants for design assistance, toll free at (877)533-1509. We can adjust the parameters of the lens to accommodate most situations.